Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney of Dan + Shay took home the Grammy for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for “Speechless” on Jan. 26.
The duo bested a group of nominees that included Brooks & Dunn with Luke Combs, Brothers Osborne, Little Big Town, and Maren Morris with Brandi Carlile.
“Speechless” topped the country charts for four consecutive weeks in December 2018/January 2019. Penned by Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Jordan Reynolds and Laura Veltz, the song was inspired by Dan’s marriage to Abby Law (May 2017) and Shay’s marriage to Hannah Billingsley (October 2017).
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
- “Speechless” | Dan + Shay WINNER
- “Brand New Man” | Brooks & Dunn With Luke Combs
- “I Don’t Remember Me (Before You)” | Brothers Osborne
- “The Daughters” | Little Big Town
- “Common” | Maren Morris feat. Brandi Carlile
Watch Dan + Shay’s acceptance speech below.
photo by Arroyo/O’Connor, AFF-USA.com